Mozilla Firefox 50 is a fast, secure and easy to use web browser that offers many advantages over other web browsers. This award-winning, open source web browser is packed with advanced security features designed to help you stay safe, and in control, online. The optimized Firefox 50 lets you view Web pages way faster, using tabbed browsing, the ability to block pop-up windows and less of your computer’s memory. Also it allows you to synchronize your browsing across multiple devices. Access your bookmarks, history, passwords and more from any device to make Firefox your own wherever you use it. Mozila Firefox 50 has the biggest number of ways to customize your online experience specifically for the way you use the web.
Firefox designed to protect your privacy:
• Browse With Security. Whether it’s buying a gift, paying your bills or simply signing in to Facebook, it’s important keep your personal info out of the hands of any online bad guys who might be snooping around. Fortunately, Firefox is packed with advanced security features to help you stay safe.
• Do Not Track. A Firefox innovation, Do Not Track lets you indicate a preference about the way your personal info is collected and used online.
• Private browsing. Browse the web without saving information about the sites you visit. Turn this feature on to protect your browsing history from others.
• Forget Button. Remove browsing information from your computer after the fact. Use it when you’ve visited a site that you don’t want in your history.
Firefox keeps you safe across the Web:
• Secure connections. Use instant Website ID to make sure a site is what it claims to be and to check if your connection to it is secure.
• World class protection. Anti-phishing and anti-malware features protect you from trojan horses and spyware and warn you about potentially fraudulent sites.
• Automatic security updates. Firefox updates automatically to make sure you always have the latest and greatest security fixes.
There are three general types of add-ons:
• Extensions. Extensions add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. There are extensions that allow you to block advertisements, download videos from websites, integrate Firefox with websites like Facebook or Twitter, and even add features from other browsers.
• Appearance. There are two types of appearance add-ons: complete themes, which changes the look of buttons and menus, and background themes, which decorate the menu bar and tab strip with a background image.
• Plugins. Plugins let you add support for all kinds of Internet content. These usually include patented formats like Flash, QuickTime, and Silverlight that are used for video, audio, online games, presentations, and more. Plugins are created and distributed by other companies.
Whether you’re using Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP or Mac OS X with Firefox, you’ll also enjoy hardware acceleration for many common operations, such as watching videos or playing games. Firefox uses a new layers-based graphics system that takes advantage of Direct2D and Direct3D on Windows and OpenGL on Mac to deliver amazing performance even on graphics-heavy sites.